Walmart+ is in PRIME position to win over holiday shoppers.
This week is gearing up to be one of the biggest online retail weeks of the year with Amazon launching PRIME DAY Tuesday, October 13-14 and Walmart adding to the frenzy with the BIG SAVE event October 11-15.
During the event, Walmart is counting on their new Walmart+ membership plan to lure customers away and take sales from Amazon. And there’s good reason to believe that this will happen. The W+ membership has a unique set of offerings that AMAZON PRIME memberships cannot match simply due to Walmart’s existing infrastructure:
- Access to all 150,000+ SKU’s at WMSC with at shelf-pricing – versus Amazon with a much smaller footprint and leaning on other stores for fulfillment
- W+ scan and go feature allows shoppers a quick and convenient way to shop in store. Customers still want the flexibility to shop in-store and online – whatever is most convenient at the time
- W+ offers a 5 cent discount per gallon at ~1,500 WM & Murphy Gas stations across the country. We’re still very much a car culture.
Your Brand’s Holiday and 2021 marketing playbook should include a strategy for connecting with current and future Walmart+ shoppers. Here’s how:
Target our proprietary Walmart+ audiences, for example:
- Walmart gas station customers
- Walmart Online Pickup shoppers
- WM gas station customers who are WM OP customers as well
- Customers converting from Amazon to W+
- Walmart in-store shoppers – by department
Audience approach. Combine [our Walmart audience] with [our custom audience of shoppers who over-index on your or your competitor’s brands].
Optimize ATC Conversions. Add our single click Add-To-Cart functionality for maximum conversion and sell through.