This week is gearing up to be one of the biggest online retail weeks of the year with Amazon launching PRIME DAY Tuesday, October 13-14 and Walmart adding to the frenzy with the BIG SAVE event October 11-15.
During the event, Walmart is counting on their new Walmart+ membership plan to lure customers away and take sales from Amazon. And there’s good reason to believe that this will happen. The W+ membership has a unique set of offerings that AMAZON PRIME memberships cannot match simply due to Walmart’s existing infrastructure:
- Access to all 150,000+ SKU’s at WMSC with at shelf-pricing – versus Amazon with a much smaller footprint and leaning on other stores for fulfillment
- W+ scan and go feature allows shoppers a quick and convenient way to shop in store. Customers still want the flexibility to shop in-store and online – whatever is most convenient at the time
- W+ offers a 5 cent discount per gallon at ~1,500 WM & Murphy Gas stations across the country. We’re still very much a car culture.
Your Brand’s Holiday and 2021 marketing playbook should include a strategy for connecting with current and future Walmart+ shoppers. Here’s how:
Target our proprietary Walmart+ audiences, for example:
- Walmart gas station customers
- Walmart Online Pickup shoppers
- WM gas station customers who are WM OP customers as well
- Customers converting from Amazon to W+
- Walmart in-store shoppers – by department
Audience approach. Combine [our Walmart audience] with [our custom audience of shoppers who over-index on your or your competitor’s brands].
Optimize ATC Conversions. Add our single click Add-To-Cart functionality for maximum conversion and sell through.